DRAMATHERAPY SOUTHWEST -
We are a professional network for Dramatherapists based in the South West of England, UK, established in 1989 and have just celebrated 30 years! Our aim aim is to support Dramatherapists in the region to keep in touch with each other, enable networking and peer support and provide a platform for practitioners seeking colleague-ship, professional development and a higher profile. We have experienced changes throughout the years but continue to consistently provided workshops, local conferences and other events for those practising the the therapeutic creative arts.
Membership of Dramatherapy Southwest is open to all qualified (HCPC Registered) Dramatherapists, Students Dramatherapists and those supporting the aims and objectives of the Association who can become Associate Members.
As well as enabling you to keep in touch with other Dramatherapists in the network, other benefits include:
• All qualified Members are able to have their own webpage on the Dramatherapy Southwest website enabling them to advertise themselves and their therapy services.
• Access to the Member's area on the website
• Reduced fees for Dramatherapy Southwest conferences, workshops and other events
• Support for Members' therapeutic practice
• Support for continuing professional development according to the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) requirements
• Information exchange about work opportunities, theatre performances , and events related to Dramatherapy practice in the region.
More details can be found on the Joining DTSW section of our website or you can email us directly a email@example.com or find us on Facebook and Instagram.
Featured Dramatherapist: Linda Winn
Linda has over 40 years experience in mental health. Her PhD research was with combat veterans: 'The Theatre of War, the Drama of Life.' Her M.Phil is in Dramatherapy and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). She is the author of Dramatherapy and PTSD (Jessica Kingsley). In addition to being a Dramatherapist, she is a Registered Nurse, a fully qualified EMDR Practitioner and Registered Psychotherapy Superviser. She is also experienced in safeguarding matters and was a Chair for Serious Case Reviews. She is a Specialist Clinical Adviser for the Care Quality Commission and a trauma therapist for the Police Fire Arms Officer Association.
Her areas of speciality are trauma, combat veterans' psychological health, Eating Disorders, childhood trauma and Employee Assistance Programmes.
She offers training, therapy, PhD mentoring and supervision.