DRAMATHERAPY SOUTHWEST -
* With 2020 well under way we are hard at work behind the scenes to bring a new website to our wonderful community.
Updates on this project will appear in our newsletters to paid members or just watch this space! *
We are a professional network for Dramatherapists based in the South West of England, UK, established in 1989 and have just celebrated 30 years! Our aim aim is to support Dramatherapists in the region to keep in touch with each other, enable networking and peer support and provide a platform for practitioners seeking colleague-ship, professional development and a higher profile. We have experienced changes throughout the years but continue to consistently provided workshops, local conferences and other events for those practising the the therapeutic creative arts.
Membership of Dramatherapy Southwest is open to all qualified (HCPC Registered) Dramatherapists, Students Dramatherapists and those supporting the aims and objectives of the Association who can become Associate Members.
As well as enabling you to keep in touch with other Dramatherapists in the network, other benefits include:
• All qualified Members are able to have their own webpage on the Dramatherapy Southwest website enabling them to advertise themselves and their therapy services.
• Access to the Member's area on the website
• Reduced fees for Dramatherapy Southwest conferences, workshops and other events
• Support for Members' therapeutic practice
• Support for continuing professional development according to the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) requirements
• Information exchange about work opportunities, theatre performances , and events related to Dramatherapy practice in the region.
More details can be found on the Joining DTSW section of our website or you can email us directly a firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on Facebook and Instagram.
Featured Dramatherapist: Shane Scott
Shane Scott, M.A., B.A.(Hons), D.Hyp, PDCHyp, MBSCH
Dramatherapist, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Internal Family Systems Therapist
A psychotherapist with over ten years experience, Shane went on to successfully complete the dramatherapy Master's course at Roehampton University in 2010. He has also trained in Internal Family Systems Therapy, a similarly creative psychotherapeutic model that supports the client to explore internal conflicts, bring empathy to their internal system, and restore trust in the Self.
Areas of clinical specialisation include adults with mental health issues, particularly those manifesting acting out behaviours such as eating disorders, self-harming, OCDs and dependent behaviours. Health Professions Council registered.